Teams are required to be in uniform by Round 4 each season, i.e. same colour shirts with clearly visible and permanent numbers. Uniform requirements apply to shirts only, not shorts or socks. From Round 4 onwards, players not in uniform are ineligible to score touchdowns. Acceptable variations:
- slightly different shades (e.g. due to fading or washing)
- some shirts with sleeves and some without
- minor style variations (e.g. different colour collar)
- significantly different shades
- different main colour, even if similar (e.g. navy blue and black)
- conspicuous stripes or patterns
- taped on numbers
Shoes and socks must be worn. Shoes must have moulded plastic or rubber souls. Screw-in studs and baseball-style cleats are not permitted.
Jewellery must not be worn. Long fingernails should be trimmed or taped.
The BCTA provides uniform subsidies of up to $150.00 per set of shirts (any supplier). Contact Us for further details.
Teams needing numbers for existing uniforms might consider Sport Numbers.