Teams are required to be in uniform by Round 4 each season, i.e. same colour shirts with clearly visible and permanent numbers. Uniform requirements apply to shirts only, not shorts or socks. From Round 4 onwards, players not in uniform are ineligible to score touchdowns.
- slightly different shades (e.g. due to fading or washing)
- some shirts with sleeves and some without
- minor style variations (e.g. different colour collar)
- significantly different shades
- different main colour, even if similar (e.g. navy blue and black)
- conspicuous stripes or patterns
- taped on numbers
Shoes and socks must be worn. Shoes must have moulded plastic or rubber souls. Screw-in studs and baseball-style cleats are not permitted.
Jewellery must not be worn. Long fingernails should be trimmed or taped.
The BCTA provides uniform subsidies of up to $150.00 per set of shirts (any supplier). Contact Us for further details.
Cueldee is our preferred clothing supplier. Their gear is Australian made and of high quality and hey provide discounts of 10% to 15% to BCTA teams. Note that their shirt fittings are on the large size so females may want to consider ordering children's sizes. Orders require 4 - 6 weeks lead time. Other uniform suppliers include:
Teams needing numbers for existing uniforms might consider Sport Numbers.